QA & Software Tester
GuestCentric is the leading provider of cloud-based digital marketing software and services that help extraordinary hoteliers enhance their brands, drive direct bookings and connect with their customers and on all digital platforms.
GuestCentric’s award-winning solution provides hoteliers with the only unified solution for managing hotel guests’ online journey: custom-built responsive websites for mobile, tablets and desktops; an integrated booking engine; a social marketing module; and a channel manager to offer rooms on Booking, Expedia, TripAdvisor, Google and hundreds of other channels.
We are extremely proud that GuestCentric was featured on the Skift Travel Tech 250. A report that selected the 250 travel tech companies that are shaping the modern-day travel experience.
The development of such a software requires special people who love creative, challenging, and fast-paced environments. We operate at a high-energy level, and we value work/life balance, delivering fantastic products, world class customer service, and making a difference in the world of travel.
The role of the QA & Software Tester will be:
- Troubleshooting production behaviors: Determining causes of operating errors in production and deciding what to do about it, including recommending work-arounds;
- Support liaison: Work closely with Support Level 2 and Quality Assurance to assist and lead analysis of escalated application issues;
- Systems performance evaluation: Identifying measures or indicators of system performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance, relative to the goals of the system;
- Any ad hoc duties as required and are specific to the roles.
- Complex Problem Solving: Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills, including identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions;
- Critical Thinking: Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems;
- Ability to work under pressure and reach targets. Resilient under pressure and able to quickly adapt to unforeseen work demands;
- Committed approach to team work;
- Self-motivated and willing to learn new skills.
- PHP: Software design ability using PHP5. Development experience, preferably with OOP in PHP5.
- SQL: Experience in one or more databases such as PostgreSQL and MySQL;
- Web Services: Experience with either SOAP or REST;
- Experience with any of the following would be a bonus: Unit Testing, MVC Frameworks, Design Patterns, ORM, Java, PHP.
What we offer:
- A world-class product servicing thousands of hotels world-wide;
- Award-winning cloud-based software;
- Great office environment and team working in agile development, DevOps and continuous deployment methodologies;
- Exciting technology stack and access to best tools in the industry including Amazon Web Services, NewRelic, Browserstack, HipTest, Jira, Salesforce.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “Position: QA & Software Tester”.