27 Mar April 22nd: #HotelsForEarth Challenge
Earth Day is an annual event celebrated on April 22nd.
As environmental concerns and the popularity of eco-friendly practices continue to increase among guests, it’s important for hoteliers to expand their own sustainability practices on day-to-day hotel management.
That’s why we would like to challenge you: embrace this day and share with us your best environmental practices and/or any “green” plans you have prepared for Earth Day! Emails us at firstname.lastname@example.org or use the hashtag #HotelsForEarth when posting to social media. Together, let’s paint the Internet green on April 22nd!
Three reasons to participate:
- Brand awareness: By putting in place “green” initiatives, you will be promoting your hotel as both a reference for sustainability in the hospitality industry and among your present and future guests.
- Lower costs for your hotel: Sustainable hospitality requires hotels to reduce their consumption of resources like energy and water. Naturally, this tends to lower costs for hotels.
- Customer loyalty: If you incorporate sustainable values as a core part of your brand, you will make loyal customers among an increasingly significant portion of your addressable market. These customers will keep coming back to your property and they’ll function as brand ambassadors, referring your hotel to their family and friends.
Here are a few initiatives you might find interesting – and easy – to put in place at your hotel:
- Plant a tree: Trees are a big part of our earth, and planting one will just add to the health and wellness of the world that we live in. Get your staff together and share a picture with us!
- Invite all staff to walk or bike for an hour or during lunchtime: Set up an hour during lunchtime or even on the afternoon and go for a walk or a bike ride!
- Menu specials: Offer menu specials to your guests using both locally grown and organic ingredients. Try to offer a vegetarian option as well: it’s both good for the environment and for the bottom line!
- Cleaning for a better world: Clean a park, playground, street, beach or river near your property!
If you’re up to the challenge and want to show the world your “green hotel”, share your initiatives with us! Send an email to email@example.com or use the hashtag #HotelsForEarth when posting to social media. Together, let’s paint the Internet green on April 22nd!