Junior PHP Software Engineer
GuestCentric is the leading provider of cloud-based digital marketing software and services that help extraordinary hoteliers enhance their brands, drive direct bookings and connect with their customers and on all digital platforms.
GuestCentric’s award-winning solution provides hoteliers with the only unified solution for managing hotel guests’ online journey: custom-built responsive websites for mobile, tablets and desktops; an integrated booking engine; a social marketing module; and a channel manager to offer rooms on Booking, Expedia, TripAdvisor, Google and hundreds of other channels.
We are extremely proud that GuestCentric was featured on the Skift Travel Tech 250. A report that selected the 250 travel tech companies that are shaping the modern-day travel experience.
The development of such a software requires special people who love creative, challenging, and fast-paced environments. We operate at a high-energy level, and we value work/life balance, delivering fantastic products, world class customer service, and making a difference in the world of travel.
You will be part of the core team that is responsible for designing and developing the core business logic and application pages using web 2.0 technologies.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Bachelors or Masters degree in high tech field.
Desirable, but not expected, knowledge and skills:
- PHP: Software design ability using PHP5. Development experience, preferably with OOP in PHP5.
- SQL: Experience in one or more databases such as PostgreSQL and MySQL;
- Web Services: Experience with either SOAP or REST;
- Experience with any of the following would be a bonus: Unit Testing, MVC Frameworks, Design Patterns, ORM, Java, PHP.
Passion: Passion for web development. Enthusiasm, creativity, flexibility and a desire to work on an innovative international team;
Problem solving: Excellent problem solver, analytical and detail oriented. Ability to investigate and see problems through to resolution;
Team work: Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment (we are a startup!) and work on multiple competing projects simultaneously;
Deadlines: Efficient time management and working to deadlines. Able to prioritize, execute and deliver projects on time;
English: GuestCentric is an international company and all work will be done in English. Good written and oral skills in English.
- A sense of humor;
- Adventurous and spontaneous willing to challenge himself every day;
- Willing to learn on a thrilling environment.
- Work with product management and customer facing teams to understand business requirements and translate them into world class software applications;
- Write designs and unit-test documents;
- Write code, perform unit tests and bug fixes, and deliver high quality, world-class products and technologies;
- Work with Test and Quality Assurance team to ensure the highest quality for software deliverables. Review and contribute to integration and regression test plans created by QA;
- Work with Documentation team to ensure highest quality documentation for software deliverables. Review and contribute to product documentation.