Account Manager UK & Northern Europe
GuestCentric is the leading provider of cloud-based digital marketing software and services that help extraordinary hoteliers enhance their brands, drive direct bookings and connect with their customers and on all digital platforms.
GuestCentric’s award-winning solution provides hoteliers with the only unified solution for managing hotel guests’ online journey: custom-built responsive websites for mobile, tablets and desktops; an integrated booking engine; a social marketing module; and a channel manager to offer rooms on Booking, Expedia, TripAdvisor, Google and hundreds of other channels.
We are extremely proud that GuestCentric was featured on the Skift Travel Tech 250. A report that selected the 250 travel tech companies that are shaping the modern day travel experience.
The development of such a software requires special people who love creative, challenging, and fast-paced environments. We operate at a high energy level, and we value work/life balance, delivering fantastic products, world class customer service, and making a difference in the world of travel.
This is a full-time position at Guestcentric’s Lisbon Office.
- Operate as the lead point of contact for top Accounts
- Build and maintain customer relationships
- Assure customer satisfaction
- Monthly meetings with Top Accounts to access their needs and present their results
- Receive incoming calls to help with any doubts
Responsible for 30-50 key accounts, assigned to a territory.
Reports to VP/Director of Sales.
Objective 1: Increase the value of Super-Key and Key accounts to the company
Measured by: Value of key account contracts, renewal rate
- Provide consultancy and expertise on strategies to increase revenue, market presence/share
- To advise and enable clients in the best use of the GuestCentric platform and tools/solutions
- Optimize marketing/distribution strategy and, in addition, the internal operation
- Report and understand key accounts production, business goals and challenges
- Prepare production reports 6 times per year
- Perform bi-monthly meetings to present reports and assess account needs
- Identify possible roadblocks in terms of improving performance (e.g. bad website, non-cooperative customer) and escalate to Sales as needed (e.g. to upsell additional services or assess overall customer satisfaction from a different perspective)
- Identify and qualify upselling opportunities in Key accounts
- Ask for referrals from satisfied accounts
Objective 2: Build and maintain a relationship with Super-Key and Key accounts
Measured by: Customer satisfaction surveys, time to close cases
- Central point of contact for Key and Super-Key accounts
- Unlike “normal” account, key accounts can contact the account manager first, not support
- Each Account manager will be assigned 30-50 accounts and be their dedicated go-to person (i.e. most inquiries will come as personal emails instead of via firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Receive incoming calls and emails to help with any questions or issues
- Coordinate internal work-flows and quick problem resolution
- Log cases in Salesforce and resolve or pass on to the relevant department
- Attend feature meetings and train team on new features/functionalities
- Be proactive in contacting top accounts on problems/requests follow-ups
- Follow-up regularly on longer-term requests, especially bug resolution and feature requests
- Project manage special requests from key accounts
- Coordinate internal work with teams at GuestCentric
- Report on progress through successful implementation
- Escalate internally as needed
Objective 3: Grow territory value
Measured by: Maintain territory renewal rate without key accounts above 93%, amount of opportunities generated and qualified
- Perform revenue and performance checks and contact customers
- React to customer dispute/accounts in trouble
- Proactively contact customers with a decline in production (list provided by commercial operations)
- Anticipate renewal problems
- Run random checks to identify non-performing properties
- Run regular customer satisfaction surveys and follow-up on negative results of the surveys
- Qualify upselling opportunities identified by support and/or commercial operations
Objective 4: Keep track of industry changes
Measured by: Monthly report on key trends
- Master in detail the functions and features of GuestCentric’s applications, and map them to the customers’ needs
- Keeps abreast of competition and their strategies to improve customer performance
- Maintains a curious attitude and searches for self-training tools
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- 1-2 years of sales: must have a track record of sales and marketing to a diverse group of customers
- Highly detail-oriented and always committed to quality
- Diagnostic and problem-solving skills
- Strong desire in e-Commerce Sales
- Microsoft Office proficient: Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Word
- Self-organized, self-motivated and a positive collaborative attitude
- Strong sense of humor
- High energy: Passion for selling technology solutions. Enthusiasm, creativity, flexibility and a desire to work in a multi-cultural international team
- Quick learner: Must be able to absorb unstructured information and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Phone/email: Must possess great phone, email and interpersonal skills to provide excellent customer service to customers
- Responsible and disciplined: Must be able to manage to a multi-step sales process and report results and forecasts accordingly
- Goals oriented: Efficient time management and working to objectives, goals and deadlines. Able to prioritize, execute and deliver on time
- English: GuestCentric is an international company. Superior written and oral skills in English required.
- Spanish: Superior written and oral skills.
- International experience
- Experience with sales force automation tools, i.e. Salesforce.com products or similar
- A sense of humor
- Previous experience and network in the designated geography