Junior System Administrator
You will be key member of Operations Team for automating the release, deployment and support of company products.
Your primary focus will be on working collaboratively with QA, Development, Operations and anyone else requiring services from the system administration and applications support group, to design and build automated provisioning and configuration management within internal corporate and public IT environments.
- Deploy desktops and rack and stack servers.
- Manage inventory
- DNS’s maintenance and configuration.
- Apache Maintenance and configuration.
- Mail configuration.
- Assist in maintaining a Guestcentric network.
- Install, configure, and support all devices.
- Monitoring servers and operations of the GuestCentric applications based on Linux and open source technologies.
- Identification and resolution of hardware, software, or architectural issues in any of the servers and storage systems supporting the GuestCentric instances and/or hosts.
- Analysing systems errors or anomalies, as well as specific server / storage performance issues and/or error messages, in order to ensure maximum uptime and service quality and assess trends that may ultimately result in degradation of service.
- Help maintain and re-architect Internal Network as well as all the Central Applications required by all GuestCentric collaborators.
- Team support
- Provide tech support for Linux, Mac and Windows users and resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Provide Production Application logs for Development Team analysis.
- Provide Debug Information for Customer Support Team.
- Provide Staging Application logs for QA Team.
Skills & Experience:
- 1+ years of experience with Sysadmin work
- Experience with Red Hat/Fedora Linux, Windows, Mac, and various server and PC hardware
- Linux command line experience
- Ability to troubleshoot hardware, software, and network issues
- Team Player
The following skills are desirable but not essential:
- Experience with Perl, shell scripting
- Experience with Apache, SQL/MySQL, PHP
- Security skills (Selinux, IDS, vulnerability assessments)
- Network Administration experience
- Degree in Computer Science
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected] with the subject line: “Position: Junior System Administrator “. Please include your annual salary expectations before tax, as cover letters without salary expectations will not be considered.